Litigation (Trademark, patent, design and trade secrets)
Chinese IP law
Alice assists several companies in the luxury, fashion and design field. She specializes in IP rights protection and enforcement and has a significant experience in providing strategic advice on the enforcement of intellectual property rights in China. Alice joined Trevisan & Cuonzo in 2018, having gained previous professional experience with a prestigious Milan based IP litigation practice.
Her professional experience includes:
- Advising businesses in the fashion and luxury field on well-known trademark, exhaustion and unfair competition issues.
- Advising on the legitimacy of selective distribution systems.
- Advising a Swedish multinational active in the mechanical sector on the protection of know-how and industrial secrets, also for second-generation products.
- Acting for clients in a Pan-European litigation concerning mechanical patent rights.
- Advising a well-known Italian wine consortium.
- Advising various clients on IP right protection and enforcement in China for trademark, patents and designs issues.
Alice has been a speaker at various conferences and training courses, also on the protection of IP rights in China. Among her English publications:
- “Court clarifies doctrine of trademark limitation by coexistence”, World Trademark review, 29 April 2016.
- "Selective distribution and trademark enforcement: recent trends", in www.lexology.com, 8 February 2018.
Italy - Lawyer
University of Parma (Italy), PhD in Business Law: intellectual property and competition, 2017 dissertation title: “The inventive step requirement: a comparative analysis of non-obviousness assessment under Chinese, US and European Law” (supervisor: Prof. Cesare Galli).
University of Parma (Italy), J.D. 2011 (110/110 cum laude) dissertation title: "Trademark enforcement in China. Comparative analysis and evolution perspectives” (supervisor: Prof. Cesare Galli).
Awarded "Alfredo Canessa" second prize, by Sistema Moda Italia and "Giuseppe De Maria" third prize, by Turin Chamber of Commerce for the best thesis dissertation in the field of Intellectual Property in 2012.
Utrecht University – School of Law (2007-2008).
Italian, English, Chinese (elementary).