Intellectual Property Litigation
Pharmaceutical Regulatory and Litigation
With almost 20 years of experience in IP, Daniela has advised and assisted both Italian and international clients in the exploitation and protection of innovation using all tools contemplated by IP law: patents, trademarks, designs and models, copyright, industrial secret and unfair competition law, etc. Her experience covers both contentious work (including cross-border and multi-jurisdictional litigation), and non contentious work, including clearance analysis and the negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements concerning the exploitation of industrial and intellectual property rights, also in the context of complex commercial agreements. She assists clients in many industry areas: mechanical, electronic, chemical, pharmaceutical, medical devices, automotive, fashion and apparel, seed industry, food & beverage, FMCGs, and other.
Daniela’s professional experience includes:
- Advising and representing several pharmaceutical companies, both Italian and international, including in relation to biotech products, mainly in the framework of complex multijurisdictional patent litigation.
- Advising and representing an Italian multinational company in the food sector, in particular in trademark litigation and in the management of complex trademark license agreements.
- Advising an Italian company which owns a number of restaurant formats in setting up its strategy in the management of its portfolio of IP assets.
- Advising and representing a world leader in the lighting and consumer electronics industry for more than 15 years, managing complex patent, trademark, unfair competition, industrial design and advertising litigation.
Affiliations & Publications:
Daniela is a member of AIPPI and INTA. She regularly takes part, including as a speaker, in national and international conferences in the field of IP and has contributed to several publications on intellectual property. These inter alia include:
- Proprietà industriale, intellettuale e IT, IPSOA Gruppo Wolters Kluwer, Milano, 2017
- International Advertising Law: A Practical Global Guide, Italy, May 2014.
- Competition Policy International, Practitioners Guide.
- Blogger for Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, www.kluwerpatentblog.com
- Member of the Editorial Board of “Patent Lawyer” Magazine.
Italy - Avvocato (2001)
European College of Parma (1998),
University of Parma (Degree in Law 1997)
University of Wales, College of Cardiff (1995)
Italian, English, French
Awards & Recognitions
- "She is extremely knowledgeable and responsive, and provides commercially focused, practical advice that allows clients to successfully navigate the often difficult landscape of the Italia patent litigation system" IAM 1000, The World's Leading Patent Professionals, 2017
In her spare time Daniela plays the piano, listens to music and enjoys dress making.