Pharmaceuticals Patent Litigation
Donatella is an expert litigator and has been successful in numerous patent and trademark litigation matters before the Italian courts as well as before the European Court of Justice. She specialises in mechanical, electronic and pharmaceuticals patents. Donatella joined Trevisan & Cuonzo in 1999 and is one of the firm’s key patent lawyers. Her professional experience includes:
- Representing some of the most important pharmaceutical companies (Anglo-Swedish, Spanish and German) in proceedings regarding patent validity and infringement, also advising on competition law and antitrust aspects
- Representing a famous Dutch multinational food group in patent infringement litigation
- Representing a famous Italian producer of backpacks, school and leisurewear, in a case concerning the invalidity of trademarks and licensing activities in both the Italian High Court and the European Court of Justice
- Representing a U.S. company holding patents in the electronics sector and for computer memories, in a case concerning patent infringement and liability for abuse of process
- Representing a German multinational company operating in the field of components for sanitary fittings, in litigation concerning damages for patent infringement
- Representing one of the oldest Italian distilleries for trademark litigation
Affiliations and Publications
Donatella is author of numerous articles on litigation-related issues and has participated in various conferences on industrial property and pharmaceutical law as a speaker.
Italy - Avvocato (2002)
University of Pavia (J.D. 1999 - magna cum laude)
Awards and Recognitions
- "I was very satisfied. Donatella was available for every need. The collaborations went very well... and she has a very good knowledge of our particular sector. When I need to explain something, I found myself speaking the same language as her.", IP Stars Handbook, Patents, 2014
Donatella enjoys theatre.