Before heading up Trevisan & Cuonzo’s Corporate and Commercial Law Group, Francesca Ferrero worked in London for an Italian law firm. She specialises in civil law with particular emphasis on commercial and labour law and litigation. Francesca represents domestic and international clients from varied spheres of industry, including biotechnology, oil and gas, glass, software, insurance, fashion and household goods. She joined the firm in 2005 after having gained experience with other corporate and commercial law firms.
Francesca’s professional experience includes:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on international and domestic licenses, distribution, franchising agreements for a high level Italian fashion company, including assistance in advertisement law issues
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on license agreements, both B to C and B to B, for a multinational company operating in the field of IT software and hosted services for network and web security, email security and web monitoring
- Drafting and negotiating co-marketing agreements for a US-based global market leader in the video game and interactive entertainment industry
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on exclusive license agreements for an Italian biotechnology company
- Employment advice with particular focus on IP rights developed by employees as well as on protection of employer’s confidential information and non-compete undertakings for a global providers of products and services to the oil and gas industry
- Assisting a leading multinational company operating in the field of hand tools, power tools and related accessories and mechanical access solutions in drafting and negotiating co-research agreement with Italian universities
- Assisting and advising a multinational high-end level sportswear company in the HR restructuring process
- Acting for a prominent European insurance company on product liability matters including litigation
- Drafting and advising on franchising and agency agreements for a Dutch-based multi-national clothes manufacturer
Affiliations and Publications
Francesca is a regular speaker at national and international conferences.
Italy – Avvocato (1999)
University of Turin (J.D. 1996 – magna cum laude)
Italian, English, French