Commercial Law and Life Sciences
Giacomo has solid experience in commercial contracts and product liability. He is recognised for his work in the enforcement of foreign judgments in cross border litigation. Giacomo joined the firm in 2008 and as a student spent an Erasmus year in Norway studying in English.
His professional experiences includes:
- Acting for one of the world's largest car manufacturers on product liability matters
- Acting for a prominent European insurance company on product liability matters
- Representing a European clothing company in litigation arising from agency agreement termination
- Representing a leading international company in exhibition and events in unfair competition litigation
- Advising a medium size computer software company on a broad range of labour law matters
- Drafting and advising on contract issues for one of the world's largest providers of products and services in the oil and gas industry
Affiliations and Publications
SMAU, Milan, Giacomo presented a paper on Internet and IP at the Lombardy Region Arena, Milan.
Italy - Avvocato (2011)
Strasbourg: "Detention & International Human Rights Law" International Institute of Human Rights Renè Certificate of Participation, Cassin, July 2009
Italy: Region of Emilia Romagna, Winner of "Renè Cassin" Scholarship for best final paper on Human Rights and Development, 2007
Italy: University of Parma, J.D. 2007
Norway: University of Bergen, Erasmus 2004
Giacomo has a strong interest in human rights and the international protection of refugees.