Intellectual Property Law
Trademark Protection and Enforcement
Counterfeiting and Piracy Work
Julia is a senior partner and jointly qualified as an English solicitor and Italian attorney. She has been practising with Trevisan & Cuonzo since its establishment in 1993. Julia has worked with Anglo American companies and multi-national corporations for many years providing advice on all aspects of intellectual property and in particular trademark protection and enforcement including litigation, anti-counterfeiting, unfair competition and customs monitoring in diverse industries. Julia has worked with a broad range of clients. More recently, she has advised Harley Davidson, Vodafone, Superdry, Jaguar Land Rover, Beiersdorf AG and Marion Parke.
Julia’s professional experience includes:
- Advising a UK government agency on antitrust liability relating to database rights and copyright enforcement;
- Advising and representing one of the world leading luxury hotel chains in a multifaceted trademark dispute;
- Advising a multi-national manufacturer of bodycare products;
- Advising heavyweight motorcycles, parts and accessories;
- Advising a leading mobile operator in respect of trademark issues;
- Advising a world leader in the drinks industry on trademark protection.
Affiliations & Publications
- Principal Editor of the Trademark Cancellations: International Practice and Procedure, INTA, New York
- Member of IBA, ITMA, IFLA, ACG, and Marques
- Member of “Intellectual Property Magazine's” Advisory Panel
- Contributor to INTA's Country Guides Third Edition, 2002 and The Community Trademark; Regulations, Practice and Procedure, 2003
- Co-author of the Italian chapter of “Intellectual Property Laws in Europe” (Wiley, 1995)
- Co-director of Summer IP Intensive Program with Charles University, Prague and San Francisco School of Law, August 2014.
- Organiser of law firm national and international conferences and speaker meetings
England - Solicitor (1990)
Italy - Avvocato (2009)
College of Law (1987), University of Sussex (B.A. Law and German 1986), University of Constance (1985)
English, Italian, German
Awards & Recognitions
- “English solicitor and Italian attorney Holden is the touchpoint for many international clients; her broad practice spans the trademark spectrum”. The World's Leading Trademark Professionals 2017
- Awarded Silver Band for Enforcement and Litigation, WTR 1000, 2016
- "Highly capable and outstanding, dual qualified in the United Kingdom and Italy" WTR 1000, The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, 2015
- "Julia marked 20 years with the firm in 2013. She garners worldwide respect”, WTR 1000, 2014.
- "The breadth of knowledge of UK lawyer Julia Holden is vital in servicing foreign clients that register in Italy" WTR 1000, 2013.
- Legal Expert, Julia Holden is ranked as best lawyer for IP, IT and Telecoms, 2012.
- European Legal Experts, Julia Holden ranked as specialist for IP, IT and Telecoms (Italy), 2009 and 2010.
- Legal 500, Julia Holden is recognised as "invaluable in any cross-border IP case", 2008.
- Legal 500 Europe, Julia Holden is noted for "understanding big business needs and a good knowledge of anti-counterfeiting tactics", 2007.
Julia is an active parent at the International School of Milan. She enjoys the arts in general including opera and theatre, and is involved in the writing of a stage production set in Berlin in the 1930s.