Chemical Industry Law
Pharmaceutical Patent Litigation
Food & Farming Law
Luca Pellicciari specialises in intellectual property, with a focus on multijurisdisctional litigation. He focuses on the pharmaceutical industry and has substantial experience in handling patent disputes and the related regulatory aspects. He also advises and assists several companies in the chemical, electronics and food farming industries in a broad range of IP and IP-related matters which include trademarks, unfair competition, advertising law, data protection and licensing. Luca joined Trevisan & Cuonzo in 2010.
His professional experience includes:
- Advising a multinational pharmaceutical company in a world-wide dispute concerning patent rights over a breakthrough anticancer drug
- Advising a leading pharmaceutical company in Pan-European contentious proceedings concerning the validity of a supplementary protection certificate and the related regulatory aspect
- Advising a leading pharmaceutical company in litigation concerning the interpretation of the rules on experimental use
- Assisting a multinational company active in the field of childcare and electronics in a world-wide dispute concerning a patent on childcare devices
- Assisting a multinational company active in the chemical industry in a Pan-European litigation concerning patent rights over a biodegradable polymer
- Advising a prominent Dutch breeding company in damage proceedings stemming from the infringement of a new plant variety.
Affiliation and Publications
Luca is a regular contributor to the firm's Blog page.
Italy- Avvocato (2010)
University of Modena – Master Degree in Law (2007)
University of Modena - Bachelor’s Degree in Law (2005)
Luca is a cyclist and an expert cross-country skier and regularly takes part in international competitions. He has considerable knowledge of wines and is a member of the Italian Sommeliers Association (AIS).