Competition & Antitrust
“The quality is very high. They really support you as a client”
Chambers Europe, 2017
Trevisan & Cuonzo has broad experience in competition law matters having assisted a multitude of businesses, from multinationals to innovative SMEs, in proceedings before the Italian Antitrust Authority for alleged cartels, abuses of dominant position, and unfair commercial practices, as well as in both urgent and merit actions before the Courts.
The standards of excellence which characterize the firm’s approach is equally reflected in the work of the antitrust team which benefits from the multi-disciplinary approach of the firm and its unparalleled experience in managing technically complex litigation. The team – which is divided between the Milan and Rome offices – is highly integrated with other departments of the firm, and in particular with the IP team and the litigation team.
The team has received international recognition for handling issues at the interface between antitrust law and intellectual property rights, particularly in highly innovative markets. The experience of Trevisan & Cuonzo in navigating issues related to competition law and FRAND (Fair, Reasonable, and Non-Discriminatory) patent licensing is second to none in Italy.
The firm has represented amongst others:
- A UK government agency on antitrust liability related issues, database rights and copyright enforcement
- A multinational French electronics company in a case concerning patents, standards and related antitrust liability
- A U.S. multinational company in proceedings concerning package licenses and FRAND duties before the Italian Competition Authority
- A multinational Japanese electronics company in a case concerning infringement of standard related patents, FRAND obligations and antitrust liabilities issues
- An Italian chemical manufacturer and supplier of active pharmaceutical ingredients, world leader in the field of biliary derivates, before the Italian Antitrust Authorithy in proceedings for abuse of dominant position.