"Capable of handling the most complex of litigations"
Chambers Europe, 2017
Trevisan & Cuonzo, with a wealth of litigation experience, has one of the most widely renowned and respected litigation practices in Italy. Thanks to its globally minded approach to complex cross-border litigation, the firm is well-suited to high calibre 'must-win' disputes. Its fierce and proactive litigation team is known for their precise execution of contentious matters. With a commercial solution-focussed style the firm also promotes other forms of dispute resolution where possible. Arbitration and negotiations can avoid litigation and the firm’s lawyers are skilled in assisting clients in the assessment of these alternative options. The lawyers are well versed in handling disputes across a broad range of industrial and commercial sectors and before all levels of the Italian courts including bringing matters before the European Court of Justice. The firm's lawyers also have solid experience acting as mediators in IP and commercial disputes.
Experience in this area includes:
- Highly successful litigation on behalf of a major international Bio-Plastics player
- Key litigation on behalf of a well-known Dutch multi-national group active in the food industry
- Large scale litigation on behalf of a U.S. multinational company active in the field of oil extraction systems
- Complex cross-border litigation for blockbuster pharmaceutical multi-nationals
- Ground breaking furniture design litigation resulting in changes in national legislation
- Cross border cutting edge software and microchip litigation
- High fashion trademark and design litigation in the footwear and clothing industries