- Corporate Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Labour Law
Francesca is the head of the Commercial Department. She specialises in civil law with particular emphasis on commercial and corporate law, with a focus on issues related to business and intellectual property.
Francesca regularly represents domestic and international clients from varied spheres of industry, including biotechnology, oil and gas, glass, software, insurance, food, fashion and life sciences.
She has an extensive experience in dealing with corporate and commercial agreements and transactions, management and valorisation of IP rights, including technology transfer and know-how assignments, trade secrets protection and co-research development agreement, as well as in dispute resolution.
She joined the firm in 2005 after having gained experience with other corporate and commercial law firms. Before heading up Trevisan & Cuonzo’s Corporate and Commercial Law Group, Francesca Ferrero worked in London for an Italian law firm.
Francesca’s professional experience includes:
- Assisting a leading multinational company operating in the field of hand tools, power tools and related accessories and mechanical access solutions in drafting and negotiating co-research agreement with Italian universities
- Assisting a leading multinational pharma-company in the negotiation of co-research and development agreements as well as in patent transfer agreements with Italian universities and research institutes
- Assisting a leading multinational pharma-company in negotiation of license agreements relating to biotech and pharma patents
- Assisting a manufacturer of active principle ingredients in drafting and negotiation of API supply agreements to pharma companies
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on license agreements, both BtoC and BtoB, for a multinational company operating in the field of IT software and hosted services for network and web security, email security and web monitoring
- Employment advice with particular focus on IP rights developed by employees as well as on protection of employer’s confidential information and non-compete undertakings for a global provider of products and services to the oil and gas industry
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on international and domestic licenses, distribution, franchising agreements for a high level Italian fashion company, including assistance in advertisement law issues
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on international and domestic licenses and distribution agreements, non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements, for an Italian innovative company operating in the field of lightening
- Assisting a UK multinational pharma company in cross border acquisition of a pharma group in respect of the Italian part of the transaction
- Drafting and negotiating co-marketing agreements for a US-based global market leader in the video game and interactive entertainment industry
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on exclusive license agreements for an Italian biotechnology company
- Assisting and advising a multinational high-end level sportswear company in the HR restructuring process
- Drafting and advising on franchising and agency agreements for a Dutch-based multinational clothes manufacturer
- Assisting start-ups in particular with respect to IP, know-how and trade secrets protections
- Assisting and advising a multinational software company in the acquisition of an Italian IT company
- Assisting a US multinational company operating in the oil & gas field in cross border acquisition of branch of business in respect of the Italian portion of the transaction
- Chair of the Copyright and Entertainment Law Subcommittee within the IP Committee at the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Edizioni Giuffrè, Proprietà industriale, intellettuale e IT, Collana Itinera, 2017, p. 1350, Co-Author of the chapters on IP Driven M&A (“Diritti IP e acquisizioni IP driven”) and on IP Rights and Commercial Agreements (“Diritti IP e contratti”)
- Regular speaker at national and international conferences