- Trademark Litigation
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Copyright and Internet Law
- Non Contentious Intellectual Property
Lia’s focus is on trademark law representing clients in the cosmetics, electronics, textiles, fashion, design and automotive industries. Lia has been with the firm since 1996. She is responsible for Trevisan & Cuonzo’s intellectual property registration practice "Trevisan & Cuonzo Intellectual Property Services" as well as for taking legal action and defence of trademarks before the Italian Trademark Offices (UIBM) and the European (EUIPO). Lia supervises the firm’s Anti-Piracy Group, coordinating contacts with the Customs Agency regarding the Anti-Counterfeiting Monitoring activities.
Lia also leads the team of Data Protection and Privacy Law specialists and daily assists the Firm's clients in their adequate compliance with the regulation on the protection of personal data.
Lia's professional experience includes:
- Representing a multinational company producing a wide range of products, (ceramics, paints surface finishes, chemical, medical products)
- Representing a multinational manufacturer of heavyweight motorcycles, parts and accessories
- Advising a celebrated Italian fashion design company which operates in an international context
- Advising a multinational producer of body care products
- Advising an acclaimed international organisation which exclusively manages well-known motor competitions and is the owner of all rights of use in relation to its trademarks
Pursuant to her work in the customs monitoring field, Lia also handles relations between the firm's clients and the Italian Customs authorities.
Lia is the author of various articles on the topics of intellectual property in particular trade marks and privacy and is a regular contributor to national and international publications. She is an active member of INTA (International Trademark Association).
- “Lia is on top of her game. She is efficient, understands her client’s needs and most importantly always secures a win.” The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, 2020, World Trademark Review
- "Shows her adeptness while overseeing a range of multifaceted strategic IP projects", The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, 2018, World Trademark Review